South Carolina Pride is an annual event held in the state of South Carolina, United States, which celebrates and supports the LGBTQ+ community. The event typically includes a parade, festival, and various other activities such as live music, food, and vendors. It is a time for the LGBTQ+ community to come together, celebrate their identities, and advocate for their rights.
S.a Pride was first held in 1990 in Columbia, the capital city of South Carolina. The event has grown significantly over the years and now attracts thousands of people from all over the state and beyond. It is typically held in the fall and lasts for several days.
The South Carolina Pride Parade is one of the highlights of the event. The parade features colorful floats, music, and enthusiastic participants dressed in all kinds of outfits. The festival also includes a variety of events such as drag shows, pageants, and a variety of activities for children.
S.a Pride also serves as an important platform for advocacy and education. The event raises awareness about LGBTQ+ issues and provides a forum for community members to connect with each other and share their stories. It also supports various LGBTQ+ organizations and raises funds for their activities.
For more than three decades, South Carolina Pride Movement has been on the forefront of fighting for LGBTQ rights to live, love, work, and celebrate openly and honestly in South Carolina. SC Pride, located in Columbia, SC, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the needs of the LGBTQ+ community and its partners through educational events, entertainment, community outreach, and celebrations of diversity throughout the year.
SC Pride produces each year Famously Hot SC Pride Festival, Get Lit Nighttime Parade & Concert, Outfest Columbia, and more. The Pride Festival, held in October each year on Main Street, is one of the largest outdoor festivals in the city and the largest LGBT event in the state.
Fique atualizado com os eventos na Colômbia, SC
Tips and recommendations for a gay traveler visiting South Carolina Pride. Here are some of the top things to do and see:
- Attend the South Carolina Pride Parade: This is the main event of the Pride celebration and is a must-see. It's a lively, colorful parade that celebrates the LGBTQ+ community and attracts locals and tourists alike.
- Visit the South Carolina State House: The State House is a historic building located in the heart of Columbia, and it's a great place to visit during Pride. The building is open to the public and offers guided tours, so you can learn more about the history of South Carolina.
- Explore Columbia's gay nightlife: Columbia has a vibrant gay scene, and you can find a variety of bars and clubs that cater to the LGBTQ+ community. Some popular spots include PT's 1109, Sidelines Sports Bar, and Club South 29.
- Take a tour of Columbia's historic neighborhoods: Columbia has several historic neighborhoods, such as the Congare Vista and Shandon, that offer charming architecture and local charm. You can take a walking tour to learn more about the city's history.
- Visit the Columbia Museum of Art: The Columbia Museum of Art is a great place to visit for art lovers. The museum features a variety of art exhibits and often hosts special events and exhibitions during Pride.
- Take a day trip to Charleston: Charleston is a historic city located about 2 hours from Columbia, and it's a great place to visit for a day trip. The city has a charming downtown area, beautiful beaches, and a lively gay scene.
- Go on a brewery tour: Columbia has several breweries that offer tours and tastings. Some popular breweries include River Rat Brewery, Conquest Brewing Company, and Swamp Cabbage Brewing Company.
- Attend a drag show: Drag shows are a staple of the gay community, and Columbia has several venues that offer performances. Some popular spots include The Main Course and The Cola Comedy Condo.
- Visit Congaree National Park: If you're looking to explore the outdoor, Congare National Park is a great place to visit. The park features hiking trails, a boardwalk, and beautiful scenery.
- Try some southern cuisine: South Carolina is known for its delicious southern cuisine, and Columbia has several restaurants that offer traditional dishes. Some popular spots include Lizard's Thicket, Southern Belly BBQ, and Motor Supply Co. Bistro.
Gayout Rating - de 0 avaliações.
Este endereço IP é limitado.