Manila Metro Pride is an annual event that celebrates the LGBTQ+ community in Manila, Philippines. It is a week-long festival that includes various activities such as parades, concerts, film screenings, art exhibits, and talks. The event is usually held during the month of June, which is recognized as Pride Month around the world.
The first Manila Metro Pride was held in 1994, and it has since grown to become one of the biggest LGBTQ+ events in the Philippines. The event aims to promote equality, acceptance, and understanding of the LGBTQ+ community, as well as to raise awarenness of the issues that the community faces.
The highlight of Manila Metro Pride is the Pride March, which takes place on the final day of the event. The march is a colorful and vibrant parade that showcases the diversity of the LGBTQ+ community in Manila. Participants usually wear rainbow-colored outfits and carry banners and signs with messages of love, equality, and acceptance.
Apart from the Pride March, Manila Metro Pride also features a range of other activities that cater to the diverse interests of the LGBTQ+ community. These include performances by local and international artists, film screenings that highlight LGBTQ+ stories, and talks and workshops on topics such as LGBTQ+ rights, mental health, and HIV/AIDS awareness.
In recent years, Manila Metro Pride has become more than just a celebration of the LGBTQ+ community. It has also become a platform for advocacy and activism, with organizers using the event to raise awareness of issues such as discrimination, bullying, and violence against the LGBTQ+ community.
Como demonstração pública e expressão de alegria, o evento é tanto uma celebração quanto um protesto em massa. Todos os anos, homenageamos a comunidade filipina LGBTQIA+ criando um espaço que nos eleva e nos encoraja a nos reunir para desafiar as instituições filipinas, pedindo mudanças radicais. O evento anual visa fortalecer o sentimento de pertencimento e solidariedade entre as pessoas LGBTQIA+.
Todos os anos, reunimos indivíduos, organizações e comunidades para pedir não apenas igualdade, mas também justiça para a comunidade LGBTQIA+ nas Filipinas.
Fique atualizado com eventos em Manila
Here are 10 recommendations and tips for a gay traveler visiting Manila Metro Pride:
- Check the schedule of events for Manila Metro Pride ahead of time and plan your visit accordingly. The festival usually takes place in June, and events can span over a week.
- Bring cash with you as most vendors in the festival grounds only accept cash payments. ATMs are also available within the vicinity.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes as the event involves a lot of walking and standing.
- Bring sunscreen, hats, and other protective gear as it can get hot and humid during the festival.
- Stay hydrated by bringing a water bottle with you, or purchasing bottled water at the festival.
- Take part in the different activities and events that the festival offers. These can range from concerts, parades, drag shows, and art exhibits.
- Explore the different stalls and vendors that sell various merchandise and food items. This is a great way to sample local delicacies and support local businesses.
- Be respectful of the local culture and customs, and avoid public displays of affection in areas outside of the designatted Pride venues.
- Stay safe and aware of your surroundings. Travel in groups and avoid walking alone, especially at night.
- Finally, have fun and enjoy the festival! Manila Metro Pride is a celebration of diversity, inclusivity, and equality, and a great opportunity to connect with the LGBTQ+ community in the Philippines.
Gayout Rating - de 0 avaliações.