Chicago Pride is an annual celebration of the LGBTQ+ community in Chicago, Illinois. It is one of the largest and most well-known Pride events in the United States, with thousands of people coming together each year to celebrate and show their support for LGBTQ+ rights.
The first Chicago Pride Parade took place in 1970, just a year after the Stonewall Riots in New York City, which are widely considered to be the catalyst for the modern LGBTQ+ rights movement in the United States. Since then, the event has grown in size and scope, with more and more people attending each year to particippate in the festivities and show their support.
The Chicago Pride Parade takes place in June, which is designated as LGBTQ+ Pride Month in the United States. The parade typically begins at noon on a Sunday and winds its way through the streets of Chicago's Boystown neighborhood, which is home to a large and vibrant LGBTQ+ community. The parade features colorful floats, music, and performances from a variety of local and national LGBTQ+ organizations, as well as individuals and groups who are there to show their support.
Chicago Pride also includes a variety of other events and activities throughout the month of June. These can include everything from art exhibits and film screenings to parties and concerts, as well as a variety of educational and advocacy events designed to promote LGBTQ+ rights and raise awareness of issues affecting the community.
Chicago Orgulho 2023: Como um a um nós superar as desigualdades e injustiças nosso festival tornou-se uma celebração da diversidade na Irlanda moderna, mas ao mesmo tempo é agora famosa por sua atmosfera de carnaval e ostentação, o que somos não mudou. Marcado e às vezes marcadas por datas significativas, algumas para comemorar e cada vez mais para comemorar, Dublin LGBTQ orgulho ainda mantém as mesmas idéias e ideais. Somos um grupo de rebeldes que cerca de 40 anos atrás decidimos que não iria esconder silenciosamente e permitir que nós mesmos ou nossos amigos para ser discriminados ou oprimidos e que uma vez por ano, no último sábado de junho, tomar as ruas para nos lembrar e o mundo que a luta contra a desigualdade deve marchar.Website oficial
Fique atualizado com eventos em Chicago, IL
Here are 10 suggestions, based on their popularity among tourists:
- Book your accommodations early. Chicago Pride is a very popular event, and hotels and Airbnb rentals can fill up quickly. Make sure you have a place to stay well in advance of the festivities.
- Check out the parade. The Chicago Pride Parade is one of the biggest in the world, with over a 1M people in attendance. It's a must-see event and a great way to show your support for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Explore Boystown. This vibrant neighborhood is the heart of Chicago's gay community, with plenty of bars, restaurants, and shops to explore.
- Attend the Pride Fest. This two-day event features live music, food vendors, and a family-friendly atmosphere. It's a great way to celebrate Pride in a more relexed setting.
- Visit the Center on Halsted. This LGBTQ+ community center offers a variety of programs and services, as well as a cultural center and art gallery.
- Try the local cuisine. Chicago is known for its deep-dish pizza and hot dogs, but there are plenty of other delicious dishes to try as well. Check out local favorites like Italian beef sandwiches and pierogies.
- Hit up the nightlife. Chicago has a thriving LGBTQ+ nightlife scene, with plenty of bars and clubs to choose from. Check out places like Sidetrack and Roscoe's for a fun night out.
- Learn about LGBTQ+ history. Chicago has a rich history of LGBTQ+ activism and advocacy, and there are several museums and landmarks that celebrate this legacy. Check out the Legacy Walk or the Gerber/Hart Library and Archives.
- Attend the Dyke March. This women-led event takes place the day before the Pride Parade and focuses on issues affecting the lesbian community.
- Be respectful of others. Pride is a time to celebrate and show support for the LGBTQ+ community, but it's also important to be respectful of others. Be mindful of pronouns and avoid making assumptions about people's identities.
Gayout Rating - de 0 avaliações.
Este endereço IP é limitado.